Friday 30 March 2012

Failure to Launch!

Such a dissapointing month in every possible way. My health kept me from accomplishing my goals for the month and left a bitter taste in my mouth. As highlighted in an earlier blog I wanted to play 500 sngs through March and be profitable. I barely managed to play half the volume and I closed out my event eating a $70 loss. The amount of the loss did not bother me, it was that I had let myself and others down by not playing the set amount of games. I found myself not being able to motivate myself to play because of the illness and although when i did play I gave 100% it just felt like there was something missing. I often found myself opening the Pokerstars lobby and then just closing it down feeling disgusted at myself for not being more interested in playing. With the extra value micromillions mtts running aswell I tried to bring myself to play some of them thinking a change from 180s would ignite a spark in me which wasnt there at the time, but it didnt. I was run down, drained and just generally annoyed at being ill. My plan was to play over 20 micromill events and i only managed 3/100. This month just highlighted to me how important health is towards your mentality when playing poker because when your not 100% its really hard to motivate yourself to play a few extra games or even open the lobby.With the 180s I definately feel in the long run for a 10-20% ROI they are beatable if you can put in the volume, there is no doubt in my mind if I was at full health I would of destroyed my challenge.

It has been a while since my last blog post but to be totally honest nothing much has happened in my life worth commenting on. I got my 6th tattoo and only 2 remain until my leg is full. I will be showing them off in a few days as I fly out tomorrow to Cyprus for my cousins wedding. A long overdue vacation and two week break from poker where i will spend my day swimming , drinkin beer , eating BBQ and basking in the sunshine whilst dancing around thrusting to "IM SEXY AND I KNOW IT" in a leopard print thong, yeah that bit was a lie I wont be eating bbq :)

Well its time for me to stop writing so i can concentrate on these mtts that need shipping, Peace out guys and GL on the felt.

Cyaz in 2 weeks

In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia.

1 comment: